My Account / Order Status
For contact information
(Your shopping cart is empty)
Vibra-Stop Bushing Kit - Model FBBK
Usually Ships in 24 Hours
The Vibra-Stop Boat Bushing Kit can be used with our 10MM-BP, MDRNG-BP, V6-BP or VRD-BP backing pads. If you are installing this kit on a boat with an engine over 130HP and slots for the lower mounting bolts be sure to order the correct anodized aluminum keys for your application too p/n AAK. If the kit is to be installed on an aluminum boat order a set of weld-in alloy tubes p/n ALTUBE.
4 x 63 MM Stainless Steel Capture Plates
4 x 50 MM Stepped Bushings
The Vibra-Stop bushing kit is the ultimate in vibration reduction when combined with either our 10MM-BP, MDRNG-BP, V6-BP or VRD-BP backing pads. The bushing kit mechanically isolates the engine mounting bolts from the transom by forming a flexible elastomeric mount between the boat and the outboard engine. This results in a much quieter boat. Extensive testing has proven that this kit reduces vibration in boats by up to 50% more than just backing pads alone.
Installation instructions for fiberglass boats:
1. Using your usual outboard placement criteria drill the four mounting holes to 38 mm with a hole saw. If this is a retrofit installation, prefill the existing holes with body filler so you can center your hole saw to enlarge the existing holes.
Note: There must be
25 mm of fiberglass left between the top of the bushing and the top of the transom.
2. Blow out the holes and seal with a suitable epoxy resin. Apply at least two coats and allow it to become touch dry. Finish the holes smooth with a flap wheel.
3. Insert the Vibra-Stop bushings into the transom with the stepped end of the bushing facing toward the front of the boat. Check that the bushing does not extend beyond the back side of the transom. If it does, use a sharp hacksaw to cut it so that it is flush or short of the back side of the transom. Remove the bushings and reinstall them with a polyurethane sealant.
4. Select four mounting bolts long enough to extend through the bushings, Vibra-Stop pad, motor mount and leave sufficient thread to capture a nyloc nut.
5. Insert bolts through the stainless capture plates, apply polyurethane sealant and then put bolts through the bushings, run some sealant around bolts outside back of transom. Hang the Vibra-Stop backing pads on the bolts on the back side of the transom. The sharp edge of the pad goes against the boat transom, the radius side of the pad faces backwards.
6. Hang the motor on the boat using the mounting bolts and secure with nyloc nuts. Torque the bolts to 30 ft lbs.
7. Check mounting bolt torque after 10 hours of operation and at least every 100 hours thereafter.
NOTE: If fitting any motor over 130HP be sure to install Anodized Aluminum Keys p/n AAK in the slots with the bottom bolts. Choose the keys that line up with the slot and the bolt. Before fitting the keys apply Vaseline or silicone grease to the keys to ensure salt does not build up in the slots.
Substantial reduction in vibration levels on large and small boats
Acoustically decouples outboard motor mounting bolts from transom
Excellent memory retention - will not compress over time
Excellent UV properties - will not break down in the sun
Will not absorb water
Complete installation instructions included
For aluminum boat installation order with p/n ALTUBE
Share your knowledge of this product with other customers...
Be the first to write a review
Browse for more products in the same category as this item:
Vibra-Stop Bushing Kit
Send Us Feedback
Dixon Stainless Boat Ladders for Sale
Boat ladder parts
Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Marketing
test message here